What candidates and positions are you best suited for?
RiseHigh is exclusive for commercial roles. This includes sales, business development, marketing, community management, business operations and general management positions. We have roles ranging from junior level to executive level, with the majority of roles in the 1-7 years of experience range.
Currently, we are best suited for candidates coming from two different backgrounds: those with existing experience at startups or larger tech firms, and those with no more than 5 years of experience from strategy consulting or investment banking.
Our startups require candidates to be able to work in the UK without sponsorship.
What startups and tech companies are you partnered with?
We partner exclusively with investment backed startups hiring for commercial roles in London. This ranges from earlier stage startups that have raised a first investment round and have a headcount of ~5, all the way up to growth stage firms like Uber and Transferwise. On occasion, we also work with accelerators, incubators and VC firms.
We are strict about our criterias and manually pre-vet companies before letting them hire through RiseHigh. We turn away every 1 out of 5 companies that enquire about hiring through RiseHigh.
How is RiseHigh different to recruitment agencies?
RiseHigh is a curated talent matching platform, as opposed to an agency. Here are some key differences:
- We offer complete transparency and provide job, company and salary details upfront. We don’t hide information from candidates or try to trick you into interviewing for a subpar role.
- We have a wider network of partnering startups than agencies, meaning you have a higher chance of getting matched with a job through RiseHigh. This is because we charge 2-3x less than agencies do and therefore attract startups that do not typically work with agencies.
- We believe recruitment is about matching, not selling. We don’t employ any salespeople and never cold call. Instead, we use machine and human intelligence to identify high relevance job matches for our candidate members with 65% accuracy. What this means is that nearly 7 out of 10 interview invites we send out to candidates are accepted.
How is RiseHigh different to job boards?
RiseHigh is a curated talent matching platform, as opposed to a job board. Here are some key differences:
- Over 50% of RiseHigh candidate members secure an interview within 7 days of expressing interest in a particular job or company. This figure is considerable higher than any job board. This is because companies trust the quality of candidates coming from RiseHigh more than job board applications.
- The job discovery experience is much smoother and efficient with RiseHigh than on job boards. Our curation team handpicks high-relevance jobs personalised to your background, experience and preferences. Once we’ve identified a role which we think you’d be interested in, you’ll get an email interview invite and can simply click ‘accept’ or ‘decline’. Apply once to RiseHigh and never have to crawl through job board search results, or manually submit a job application again.
- Unlike job boards, we only get paid by the company if a RiseHigh candidate member gets hired. Cliche it may be – but we only succeed when you succeed.
Why shouldn’t I just apply to the job directly?
You can of course do so, however we believe you have a higher chance of success by applying as a RiseHigh candidate member. Here’s why:
- Companies receive a high volume of inbound applications of varying quality, which means it will take time before your application reaches the decision marker. RiseHigh candidates are immediately shortlisted to the relevant decision maker for fast-tracked consideration.
- We get paid only if you get hired, so we’re financially motivated to optimise on your chances of getting hired. This includes interview prep tips to following up with the company throughout the process, to ensure your application doesn’t get ‘stuck’.
How long does it take to sign up?
5-10 minutes. We’ve put quite a bit of time into making our sign-up process as pain-free and easy as possible. This includes using multiple choice questions wherever possible, as well as making easy for you to sign up on your phone.
Our sign-up form will also ‘learn’ your profile as you answer the first few questions, and will accordingly automatically cut off questions you don’t need to answer. Pretty smart, right? Try it out for yourself!
When signing up, what questions do I have to answer?
In order to effectively match you with roles, we’ll need to know what you have done up till this point of your career and more importantly what you’d like to do next.
As such, our sign-up form will ask you about your background and experience, as well as job, location and salary preferences.
What happens with my personal information?
We take candidate privacy seriously as 98% of RiseHigh candidates are currently employed.
By default, your profile will not be shared with anyone unless you have received a job match and have indicated interest in that company specifically. When signing up, you will also have the option of setting up a public profile. Even with a public profile, your profile can only be viewed by manually pre-vetted companies in our network.
How long does it take until I get interview offers?
This depends on your profile, preferences, salary expectations and demand for talent at the given time. Candidates with 1-7 years of experience in commercial roles at startups or tech firms or most likely to receive interview offers. Candidates with 1-3 years of experience in strategy consulting or investment banking are also likely to receive offers.